Fresh coconut milk or gata
Ground Black Pepper
1. Prepare cocomilk. Set aside.
2. Cut the chicken into pieces. Leave the chicken bone-in. If you prefer boneless chicken meat, then de-bone the chicken.
3. Heat up a deep pot and add the oil. (just an enough amount of oil)
4. Fry the potato for 2 minutes and set aside.
5. Sauté garlic, onion, ginger then chicken.
6. Add coconut milk, ground pepper, magic sarap (optional) and curry powder. Stir well. Cover the pot and lower the heat to medium and simmer until the chicken is tender.
7. Once the chicken is cooked, add evap milk, carrots and sayote. Simmer for 3 minutes.
8. Add potatoes. Simmer for another 4 minutes or until desired chicken tenderness.
I added evaporated milk for a richer and creamier taste. :)
You may also use canned or packed coconut milk if you don't have time to go to martkets, but fresh coconut milk is better than store-bought. :)
Read more about How to make a coconut milk