Preparation time: 20 minutes (it depends on how fast you debone the tinapa)
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Tinapa (any type of smoked fish)
Penne (any noodles will do)
1. Debone tinapa. Set aside.
2. Wash spring onions. Remove roots and any loose layers of skin. Cut into thin slices. Set aside.
3. Prepare tomato. Wash, slice from side to side to easily remove the seeds. You may squeeze or use spoon to remove seeds. (See link below for different ways of removing tomato seeds.)
4. Blend tomatoes until smooth.
Bring water to a boil in the cooking pot. Add salt and oil. Stir and check every now and then until it's al dente.
1. Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan/skillet (in a medium heat) Saute tinapa.
2. Add tomato puree.
3. Add spring onions and salt to taste. Simmer for 5-10minutes.
4. Toss with cooked penne noodles.
You can use canned tomato puree or tomato sauce. But remember, fresh is better and healthier. :)
More about scallions
Removing tomato seeds
How to debone fish