Baked Penne

Cooked this for my 24th birthday, last March :-) I'm fed up with the spaghetti and macaroni noodles, so I tried penne pasta. 

First, I had mass in Quiapo and went to Quinta Market (walking distance from Quiapo Church). A manila girl but it was my first time to shop in Quinta Market. I bought all the ingredients for my handa on my birthday (pasta, kare-kare, bagoong rice, read my post about these). 


Penne and parsley were the cheapest. Penne noodles cost P150 only for more than 1 and half kilo noodles. Fresh parsley for only 5 pesos. The rest ingredients were same with the price in malls. 

Ingredients:
Penne noodles

Tomato  sauce
Ground Pork
Ground black pepper
nestle cream
Mc Cormick Italian Seasoning (optional)
Fresh parsley
Garlic
Butter
Pan


Cooking Directions:
1. Boil water in a large caserole
2. Put salt and oil and then the penne.
3. Cook in a medium heat for 10-12mins or until al dente. Remove from heat. Drain and Set aside.
4. Heat butter in a pan.
5. Saute garlic, add ground pork, cook until pork turns brown.
6. Add black pepper and salt to taste, tomato sauce, stir.
8. Add nestle cream, continue to stir until it boil.
9. You can add sugar if you want a sweet style pasta, or the Italian seasoning if you want to achieve Italian style.
10. Remove from heat. Toss with drained penne noodles.


Baking:
1. Set oven to 180.
2. Grease butter/oil in a pan.
2. Put pasta into the pan.
3. Top with grated/quickmelt cheese and parsley.
4. Bake until cheese melts or before it turns brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment